PROVISIONAL PROCEDURES FOR USE OF THE POOL
As you are aware, the Langley Swim & Tennis Club continues to follow the guidance provided by the Governor and Fairfax County. Based on that guidance and the steps the Langley Club has taken in recent weeks to ensure that state and local guidelines are followed and social distancing requirements are satisfied, subject to certain rules and restrictions as provided below, the Langley Club is pleased to announce to its Members that we are prepared to move into Phase III on Wednesday July 1, 2020.
We are pleased to announce that Phase III enables the Langley Club to enhance our Member experience by doing the following:
1. Increasing our capacity to 75% occupancy on the grounds of the pool deck at any given time.
2. Designating space in the pool for free swim, thereby increasing the number of swimmers that can be accommodated in a single day.
3. Opening the wading pool to young children and their families, subject to the guidelines described below.
4. Providing limited seating on pool decks with at least ten feet of spacing between persons who are not members of the same household, subject to the guidelines described below.
5. Providing additional reservation options at the pool, such as designated free swim in the main pool and wading pool.
The Langley Club remains committed to providing access to the club within the guidelines recommended by Fairfax County, the Commonwealth of Virginia, applicable federal authorities, and Crystal Aquatics. Thank you for your support of the Langley Club and your continued patience and adherence to social distancing and the following provisional procedures:
COMMON POOL COURTESY & SWIM PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
According to current CDC guidance proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19. However, the following suggestions are recommended steps that USA Swimming suggests individuals can take to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 within the swim club community, which the Langley Swim & Tennis Club fully endorses in Phase III:
– All Members are encouraged come to the pool in their swimwear to eliminate the need for changing at the club.
– Follow social distancing requirements for spacing and stay at least ten feet apart from others in the pool and ten feet apart on the pool deck.
– Avoid sharing food, drinks, or towels with other Members.
– Sanitize your hands. The Langley Club has installed hand sanitizers at the facility. Washing and sanitizing your hands as you enter and leave the pool is good hygiene for all.
– When you leave the pool, please take all your belongings, including your water bottles and foldout chairs. Especially during these times, no one wants to risk picking up others’ belongings, so please be courteous of others and staff.
1. BEFORE YOU SWIM. At the risk of stating the obvious, and for the safety of others, please do not enter the Langley Swim & Tennis Club if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been exposed to someone you suspect had COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
2. SWIMMING POOL LOGISTICS PHASE III.
a. Limit of 75% percent occupancy admitted to the pool facility at a time. To comply with the Safer at Home Order, and the state’s Phase III guidelines, outdoor swimming pools may be open for lap swimming and free swim, provided ten feet of physical distance may be maintained between patrons not of the same household. Pool staff do not count towards the capacity limit.
b. Mandatory Reservations: To manage the number of Members at the pool we will continue requiring a mandatory reservation policy to use the pool. To more easily follow these guidelines, the Langley Club will continue utilizing SignUpGenius.com, which can found on our website under Pool Rules and Regulations after you sign in. Please utilize the reservation system before coming to the pool. Lifeguards will be checking members in based on your reservations so they will not be able to accommodate allowing anyone who does not have a reservation.
d. Pool Reservation times are now for 2 hours (i.e., a Member reserving a swim lane from 11:10am to 11:50am may now utilize the pool grounds between 10:30am and 12:30pm):
i. 8:00 – 10:00 AM
ii. 10:30 – 12:30 PM
iii. 1:00 – 3:00 PM
iv. 3:30 – 5:30 PM
v. 6:00 – 8:00 PM
vi. 8:30 – 9PM
e. Swim lane reservation times-each lane shall be designated by an individual Member. Unlimited number of household members can swim in same lane. Non-household members must remain 10ft apart
i. 8:00 – 8:40 AM 6 reservations/24 deck reservations (Seniors Only)
ii. 8:40 – 9:20 AM 6 reservations/24 deck reservations
iii. 9:20 – 10:00 AM 6 reservations/24 deck reservations
CLEAN AND DISINFECT
iv. 10:30 – 11:10 AM 6 reservations/24 deck reservations
v. 11:10 – 11:50 AM 6 reservations/24 deck reservations
vi. 11:50 – 12:30 PM 2 lanes/ 20 free swim/ 2 wading pool/ 24 deck reservations
CLEAN AND DISINFECT
vii. 1:00 – 1:40 PM 2 lanes/ 20 free swim/ 2 wading pool/ 24 deck reservations
viii. 1:40 – 2:20 PM 2 lanes/ 20 free swim/ 2 wading pool/ 24 deck reservations
ix. 2:20 – 3:00 PM 2 lanes/ 20 free swim/ 2 wading pool/ 24 deck reservations
CLEAN AND DISINFECT
x. 3:30 – 4:10 PM 2 lanes/ 20 free swim/ 2 wading pool/ 24 deck reservations
xi. 4:10 – 4:50 PM 2 lanes/ 20 free swim/ 2 wading pool/ 24 deck reservations
xii. 4:50 – 5:30 PM 2 lanes/ 20 free swim/ 2 wading pool/ 24 deck reservations
CLEAN AND DISINFECT
xiii. 6:00 – 6:40 PM 2 lanes/ 20 free swim/ 2 wading pool/ 24 deck reservations
xiv. 6:40 – 7:20 PM 2 lanes/ 20 free swim/ 2 wading pool/ 24 deck reservations
xv. 7:20 – 8:00 PM 2 lanes/ 20 free swim/ 2 wading pool/ 24 deck reservations
CLEAN AND DISINFECT
xvi. 8:30 – 9:00 PM 2 lanes/ 20 free swim/ 2 wading pool/ 24 deck reservations
Senior Access: In an effort to better accommodate our senior citizen members of the Langley Club, seniors will have exclusive access to the swim lanes from 8:00am to 8:40am during Phase II.
Wading Pool Access: To better accommodate our families with toddlers and young children, the Langley Club will be opening the wading pool during Phase III! Members must reserve time in the wading pool using sign-up genius. According to the guidelines for Phase III, provided by state and local officials, families utilizing the wading pool must engage in exercise, including, “facilitated fun with stationary participants observing physical distancing.” Children must be accompanied by an adult in the wading pool, which may include a swim instructor. No more than 10 persons should be in the wading pool at a time (5 per reserved side).
Flotation devices: The Langley Club will not provide floatation devices during Phase II. However, in Phase II, our Members may bring their own flotation devices for use in either pool, provided these are utilized to facilitate and support swim instruction.
At the end of each 40-minute swim session all members must leave the pool promptly to provide a time buffer between session. Members may remain on the pool grounds after their swim sessions in Phase II, provided it is within the two-hour reservation window.
f. Entrance and Exit. Each member will continue to be required to do a contactless check in at the lifeguard desk. Members will pass to the left of the guard’s desk and directly go the pool deck. Members will be directed to exit the club by going around the bathhouse to a newly created exit that will be monitored by the lifeguards. Please be respectful of staff and Members and follow social distancing protocols during check-in.
g. Members Only. The pool will be available to Members only in Phase III. To further reduce risk, guests/non-members are prohibited until further notice.
h. Hours of Use. The pool is available for use to Members from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM in Phase III
3. Cleaning Protocol The state of Virginia recommends cleaning all hard surfaces every two hours which is reflected in the schedule above. The lifeguards have been trained in the cleaning process and will continue to wipe down all hard surfaces using a disinfectant approved by the CDC and for use near pools.
4. Restroom Access. The Club will be opening all restrooms for use during Phase III. Members are required to follow social distancing protocols in the restrooms.
5. Limited Seating. During Phase III a limited number of tables will be arranged according to state and local guidelines on the pool grounds and our Members can continue bring their own foldout chairs.
a. Note: Members utilizing the tables and chairs are required to sanitize tables after each use.
6. The Pavilion. The Langley Club is pleased to announce that the grills and picnic pavilion will be open to recreational use during Phase III provided that all guidelines identified in the Commonwealth’s Phase III guidelines are adhered to and Members follow the guidance provided by the Social Committee.
Note: The Gate between the pool deck and the covered pavilion will remain closed in Phase II.
7. Vending Machine Use: During Phase II, the vending machines will not be in service.
8. Contact Points. In Phase III , the Langley Club will continue to limit contact points in the facility (e.g. in addition to roping off vending machines, we will be removing or roping-off ping pong tables, Foosball, toddler playgrounds, and the lost and found area).
9. Social Events. Unfortunately, all social events remain cancelled during Phase II. The Langley Club is hopeful that Northern Virginia will transition to Phase III this summer and will revisit this policy at that time, as we understand how much these events mean to our Members.
10. Social Distancing. We know you’ve heard this repetitively, but social distancing is what the experts advise, and during these unusual times, it is what we are asking of our Members and it’s the least we can do. Stand at least ten (10) feet apart and do not congregate in large groups. The Langley Club strongly encourages its Members wear a face covering during Phase III when not in the swimming pool, as a significant number of people are asymptomatic. Please note that it is not the burden of lifeguards to enforce social distancing!
We are asking our Members to be smart, responsible, and respectful of others during this period.
Phase III = Limited Capacity (~ 50 persons): Indoor and outdoor swimming pools may now be open at up to 75% occupancy, if applicable, provided ten feet of physical distance may be maintained between patrons not of the same household. Free swim is allowed.
We welcome you to come out to the pool to swim, relax and socialize with your fellow Members and request that you continue to comply with these provisional procedures during this unprecedented time.
Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to seeing you at the Langley Swim & Tennis Club!