- Swimming is not permitted unless a lifeguard is on duty in the lifeguard chair.
- Talking to the on-duty lifeguard in the lifeguard chair is not permitted.
- In an emergency, the pools must be cleared immediately. The signal is 3 blasts on the guard’s whistle.
- Running, pushing, and ball playing are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Rings, large floating equipment, beach balls, and scuba equipment are not permitted in the main pool (except during any designated Float Days).
- Swim fins and snorkels are permitted.
- Arm floats or back bubbles are permitted in the main pool when a responsible adult accompanies the child in the water.
- Fairfax County requires all bathers to shower at the pool before entering the pool.
- Admission will be refused to anyone with skin abrasions, colds, coughs, extremely inflamed eyes, infections, or wearing bandages.
- Expectorating and blowing of the nose in the pool are prohibited.
- Babies and young children not toilet-trained must wear swim diapers or waterproof covers when using either pool.
- Street shoes should not be worn on the pool deck.
Supervise Your Children at All Times!
- Use of the wading pool is restricted to children 7 years of age and younger.
- Children in the wading pool enclosure must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or responsible individual.
- Rubber and plastic toys are normally permitted in the wading pool. The manager may limit such use for safety reasons.
- When the lifeguards on duty call for an “adult swim” 10 minute break, all children 14 years and younger must clear the pool and surrounding deck during this time.
- Only qualified swimmers who have passed the swim test are permitted to use the diving board.
- Do not dive until the previous diver has cleared the swim area below the board. Leave the pool by the ladders.
- Dive in a forward direction only.
- Swimmers must keep the diving area clear; no horse playing is permitted on the board.
- One person on the diving board at a time; and only one bounce is allowed.
Are you a local business or service looking to sponsor our swim team?
Get recognized in our community by appearing on our website and apps!