Tennis Pros & Services
Tennis Director: Matt Stevenson
Matt grew up in McLean, Va. and played tennis competitively for the Bishop Ireton High School Varsity Team (#1 and 2 singles and doubles) and on the University of Virginia Club Tennis Team. Matt's teaching style is focused on building good technique through repetition of groundstrokes, volleys and serves; he emphasizes correct footwork and good movement, and includes singles and doubles strategy for intermediate to advanced players. Matt says, "I have a positive, encouraging style and like to get to know each student individually."
- USPTR-certified tennis coach at professional level (highest of 3 rating levels) for adult coaching.
- Tennis Director at Langley Club starting in 2008.
- Tennis professional at McLean Racquet & Health Club since 2006.
- Matt is also a certified professional in basic junior and advanced junior performance coaching, which are separate USTR certifications.
- Matt loves pro tennis and enjoys following his favorite ATP players del Potro, Wawrinka, Haas, Almagro and Federer.
Assistant Pro: Kristyna Nepivodova
- Kristyna plays on the Women’s Varsity tennis team at the University of the District of Columbia. She has assisted the coaches at multiple tennis clubs and enjoys teaching junior players of all ages from 3-18. She has extensive experience competing as a junior and is currently a 5.0-5.5 advanced NTRP level player.
Junior Assistants: Ilana Lisann and Ahmed Skaljic
- Ahmed: Before graduating from McLean High School, Ahmed was a starting singles player on its top-ranked Varsity Boys’ tennis team. He is also a 5.0 level player and an avid follower of the pro game. Ahmed also enjoys working with juniors of all ages and has been helping to coach clinics at Langley for the past three years.
- Ilana: Ilana also recently graduated from McLean High School, and was a starting doubles player for its Varsity Girls’ team. She has been working with Matt and other local coaches for the past three years. Ilana loves mentoring kids who are learning to play tennis competitively, and she first started assisting with the Langley junior tennis team in 2011.
Would you like to be listed as a tennis pro? Contact